The ENGL 2100 Technical Writing course at Salt Lake Community College is designed to help students prepare for writing in STEM and related fields. It is not a course designed to prepare students for a career in technical writing.
These learning outcomes describe the goals for the course, ENGL 2100 Technical Writing.
- Students will be able to describe aspects of rhetorical situations including purpose, audience, and context.
- Students will be able to identify and explain rhetorical strategies across different written, digital, and visual documents.
- Students will be able to evaluate the rhetorical effectiveness of written, digital, and visual documents.
- Students will effectively incorporate written, digital, and visual documents into their own writing.
- Students will use multiple composing processes (e.g. planning or preparation [includes audience analysis, genre and medium determination], research, organizing, drafting and/or designing, revision or editing, proofreading) to complete writing tasks.
- Students will produce a variety of written, digital, and/or visual documents for different purposes, audiences, and contexts.
- Students will reflect on themselves as writers.