Engl 2100 Learning Outcomes
The ENGL 2100 Technical Writing course at Salt Lake Community College is designed to help students prepare for writing in STEM and related fields. It is not a course designed to prepare students for a career in technical writing.
These learning outcomes describe the goals for the course, ENGL 2100 Technical Writing.
- Students will be able to describe aspects of rhetorical situations including purpose, audience, and context.
- Students will be able to identify and explain rhetorical strategies across different written, digital, and visual documents.
- Students will be able to evaluate the rhetorical effectiveness of written, digital, and visual documents.
- Students will effectively incorporate written, digital, and visual documents into their own writing.
- Students will use multiple composing processes (e.g. planning or preparation [includes audience analysis, genre and medium determination], research, organizing, drafting and/or designing, revision or editing, proofreading) to complete writing tasks.
- Students will produce a variety of written, digital, and/or visual documents for different purposes, audiences, and contexts.
- Students will reflect on themselves as writers.