In this assignment, we will examine patterns of where rock types form and the relationship they have toward each other. Next, we will analyze the quantities and origins of essential mineral resources. Finally, we will also explore various types of landforms in North America. After completing this assignment, we will be able to do the following:
- Differentiate different rock types by their texture, color, and crystal size.
- Explain the location relationships between areas of igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic rocks using the rock cycle.
- Explore mineral resources used in their lives and learn the origins of these resources to predict better where they might be found.
- Recognize landforms from small to large scale.
- Analyze clues from the landscape to determine how they were formed.
Estimated time to complete: 90 minutes